The city of Oklahoma City provided us with a list of Top 10 mechanical reasons for rejecting a new building during inspection. Today we offer reasons 10-6. Reasons No. 5-1 will be published in a few days.
- 10) Appliance or equipment installation instructions not available at time of inspection
- 9) 90% appliance vent not insulated in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
- 8) No sediment trap, or improperly installed sediment trap (not installed in accordance with appliance manufacturer's installation instructions
- 7) Improper vent clearance to combustible materials
- 6) Refrigerant lines not properly protected at top plate and through masonry wall