The city of Oklahoma City provided us with a list of Top 10 mechanical reasons for rejecting a new building during inspection, and we're going to list them in a countdown to No.1. Today we offer reasons 5-1. Drumroll please...
5) Restricted airflow by flexible ducts not installed properly, bends and turns too sharp
4) Walkway or catwalk to equipment over 20 feet in length and less than 6 feet in height
3) Walkways, service space floor and platform materials too thin, too light or not complete
2) Building locked or no access provided (ladder etc.), Wrong permit purchased or wrong inspection type scheduled
And the No. 1 reason for mechanical rejections in Oklahoma City is
1) Improper support of ducts, vents & and condensate drains